svn plugin: is there a way to have it ignore a specific issue in commit message

Bill Kepner December 5, 2013

We have a team who wants to move to Jira from Bugzilla but has the following concern with the Subversion plugin. If the commit message includes a string that happens to be an issue, there are times they don't want that svn commit to be linked to the issue; for instance the commit message could be something like "Ignore <JiraIssue>" but that issue really has no relation to the code checked in. I really don't know how often this happens and I don't have a clue as to whether Bugzilla handles this, but they've identified this as a big deal for them. So is there anyway to have the plugin ignore valid issues in that string?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Kepner December 7, 2013

The Atlassian Subversion plugin.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2013

I am not aware of anything that can be done except type the issue identifier differently or modify the code itself since it is available.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016

As a workaround, why don't you use a syntax that is not picked by the Subversion plugin?

For instance, instead of "Bugfix, but Ignore FOO-123", just write "FOO_123 Bugfix", and this will be basically ignored, although human readable.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2013

Are you using fisheye, the subversion plugin or the new subversion plus plugin or something else?

Suggest an answer