supporting multiple workflows under a single project

I have two workflows running under a single project. Each workflow is associated with a different issue type.

These workflows are similar enough that they can share some of the same statuses (ex: In Dev, In Test). When building the workflows, I repurposed these similar statuses.

I am running into problems with my rapid boards. I'd like to have issues that are issue type bug go on rapid board a and have issues that are issue type enhancement go on rapid board b.

Is that going ot be possible with these shared statuses? (right now i get cross contamination when an issue lands in one of these statuses)

Or do I have to subtly name them different or even ru nthem under separate projects?

1 answer

1 accepted

You shoudl create two filters, one for each board. One filter can say type = bug and the other can say type = enhancement. Filter 1 can be used on rapid board a and filter 2 can be used on rapid board b

Thanks John! So juist to confirm, i am using jql on the saved filter to isolate which issues i want on which boards. seems to be working perfectly. (unless i misunderstood then i'm not sure what i'm doing!)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,026 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot