support.atlassian.com - why do I have to create 2 accounts to raise a ticket

Rob Davis July 14, 2011

I signed up for an account to be able to login to support.atlassian.com but then it says to raise a ticket I have to login, but I'm already logged in.

stlassian support already logged in but need to create another account to create a support ticket.png

4 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2011

You raise a ticket by clicking on Create Issue at top right hand corner. The text on the left is just html pasted into an Introduction portlet so doesn't know if you are logged in or not, and will always stay the same.

A nice enhancement would be to use some javascript to tell if you are logged in and show something different on the left.

Rob Davis October 9, 2011

"You raise a ticket by clicking on Create Issue at top right hand corner. The text on the left is just html pasted into an Introduction portlet so doesn't know if you are logged in or not, and will always stay the same." Sorry, that's not my problem. The page should be reworked to be log in aware, this static html should be removed.

0 votes
Markus Fischer February 12, 2012

I'm currently test driving a confluence installation and what was really really bothering so far was not the product, by all means it's wonderful, but the infrastructure used on all these atlassian pages regarding account management.

I downloaded the evaluation version of concluence, installed it, got me evaluation key. During this process I created an account at my.atlassian.com .

Then I wanted to raise a support ticket (btw, support was awesomely fast!) at support.atlassian.com and needed to create a new account.

Then I wanted to comment here, on an answer at ansers.atlassian.com and needed to create another account.

Then I wanted to comment on a jira issue at jira.atlassian.com and had to create yet another account.

Ok, everyone: seriously? I now ended up a total with four accounts and hardly remember where I need which username because my preferred one was only available in some and not on others. For some I need username to log in, for some the email (maybe emails work in all cases transparently, but it definitely says to enter username in some cases).

I'd really suggest to consolidate this. Connect all accounts by email and let only choose one username and be done with it. Currently it feels like a mess :(

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

Actually, your answers.atlassian.com user should be the same as your my.atlassian.com user, but who could blame you!?

Yes, we know, this is quite a poor user experience. We intend to get to it, hopefully soon.

Markus Fischer February 14, 2012

Thanks for clarifying. Indeed I wasn't aware of it. I think one thing why it's confusing is, that you're not automatically logged in. I received the email notification of your comment (btw, good thing; that's one of the things missing from the o-mighty stackexchange network), clicked it and I was on this page and logged it. I clicked on your my.atlassian.com link and I was not logged in. And I think this is where the confusion comes from. I'd expect that the services with the same login would automatically "have me logged in". I understand that same login on different services is not automatically SSO, but I think this is what is expected somehow. At least I did. Thanks.

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2011

Thanks for taking a moment to post this Rob. We're taking a look at it. I can really see why it'd be confusing...

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2011

Improved HTML plugin addresses this issue ;) You will have to delete the introduction gadget and add this one!

J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

And be on no higher than 3.13.4 :(

Suggest an answer