structure formula for status

Petra March 31, 2023

Hi

I have an idea but not sure if this is possible to do in structure with formula. Who could help me?

I have a simple structure with "Strategic theme" and "Epic (Safe)" linked with "parent". We have WSJF on both items. Based on that i like to calculate a progress with a combination of status and wsjf done.

So let's assume that the higher element (Strategic theme) has a WSJF of 100 and there are 2 Epic (Safe) bellow. 1 with WSJF 25 the other with 75. Based on status I would like to calculate the progress. So if the sub-element with 25 is done, progress = 25% if the one with 75 is done = 75% progress.

Can I do something with formula to calculate that?

As I have no coding skills it would be great if someone could write the exact formula with this given data. THX in advance!!!

1 answer

0 votes
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 7, 2023

Hello @Petra ,

I'm not sure I understand the goal.  

It sounds like you want to consider the WSJF value a % completed if the issue has been resolved.  

Or do you mean that at the Strategic Theme, you want to consider all of the sub items WSFJ value as 100%  and treat each sub issue's WSFJ value as a fraction of the 100%?

To illustrate:

issues WSJF  Status Progress
Strategic Theme   110 (own) 100 (sum of children)  In Progress 22% or 25%
     Epic 1  25 Done 100%
     Epic 2   75 In Progress ?

Which result would you be looking for?  I look forward to your feedback.

Best,
David

Petra April 7, 2023

The first option you've mentioned is my goal.

Can you help with this?

Would be great :-)

David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Petra ,

I believe we can help come up with something.  But we will need a little more information about your set up and how you would like the calculation made.

Could you please reach out to our support team directly via out customer portal support.almworks.com?

Best,
David

Suggest an answer