strikethrough issue

laknath May 29, 2019

whenever I assigned an epic to a story, the JIRA number get strikethrough (as below) but in some cases, this doesn't happen. Please let me know why this is happening. 

1.png

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2019

The strikethrough indicates that the issue is "Resolved", i.e. the resolution field has been set.  This is different to the Status, so you need to check the workflow to ensure that the resolution is being set (or the user is prompted to set it) when the issue is moved to "Done".

Stuart Rolland August 15, 2023

I have some issues with a strikethrough that are only marked as done but have not been manually resolved. The resolution field says done, but that happens automatically instead of manually. Maybe that's ok?

1 vote
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2019

Hi @laknath ,

On the screenshot I do not see any issue that is having a key that is strikethrough 

Usually a straightrough is when the resolution is set to something else tan Unresolved so if anything is related to that please check your workflow settings first or if you are having any customization (or scripts) also those.

0 votes
Tina Esmaeili December 14, 2023

It's interesting, in my case, under the epic, the "Live" (Done) issues are not strikethrough, even though their resolution is Done. But when I filter the "live" issues of that same project separately, they are strikethrough
strikethrough epic.pngstrikethrough filter.png

0 votes
Shen Ao 申奥 January 20, 2022

I encountered the same problem with yours, and it is not related to the "resolved" status like most people said... May I know if your problem got resolved?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Not actually Resolved status but "Resolution" field.. It must have a value then Jira "knows" that the ticket is actually done.

Suggest an answer