stop email notification

Dave Frantzreb September 9, 2022

I'm new to JIRA, and will be following projects later. Right now I get email updates to everyone's open tickets. How can I turn off all email notifications until I begin to select/watch/manage projects? 

2 answers

1 vote
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2022

Hello @Dave Frantzreb 

Welcome to the community.

The notifications are managed by a notification scheme which is managed by the project admin or Jira administrator.

But this is what you can manage on your own

Manage your Jira personal settings

1. From the top right of your screen, select Your profile and settings () > Personal settings.
  2. Update the options in the Preferences section and choose Save changes.

You can update these options in personal settings:

• Language – Change your Jira application language to one of the available options.
  • Your timezone – The time zone used for date and time information across your Jira applications. If the time zone you select doesn't match your computer's time zone, you'll have the option to automatically update this preference.
  • Watch your issues – With this enabled, you become a watcher of any issue that you create or comment on. This means you'll get an email when someone updates or comments on the issue.
  • Email notifications format – Email notifications can be sent in plain text or HTML.
  • Notifications of your changes – Choose whether or not to receive email notifications about your own changes to issues.
  • Email notification preferences – Choose in which situations you get email notifications. You can reduce the amount of emails you get from Jira by unchecking notifications for certain situations.

If this doesn't help, you can ask the Jira project admin/ Jira admin to edit the scheme tell him about your problem.

BR, Olga

Dave Frantzreb September 9, 2022

Thanks @Olga Videc . The navigation looks different on my end, but found the area that had the language/time zone etc. and assume that "autowatch" is where I can change this.  I'll see if that works.  

Like Olga Videc likes this
0 votes
Bharathi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2022

Hello @Dave Frantzreb

You can always check your profile at the top right in Jira and modify the notification preferences as needed to limit/control the email notifications.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer