staus not able to change for issue type task

Suma Pralhad Kustagi June 21, 2021

Hi,

We have few external users, but user is not able to change/view the status so he can move it.. Can you please let me know what has to be done..

Regards,
Suma

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
acc1211
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi Suma 

can you elaborate on what you mean by view/change status . Is it workflow Status ? .

If so then you need to add all the external users into a group and give them ability to transition issue . Also look into the condition and validators for the workflow . maybe you will find something there .

Regards

Hi Faisal,

I mean to say the workflow status from open to close or other status which we have for a workflow.. I could see that user did not have permission of transition issue.. That might have caused an issue.

Regards,

Suma

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Hi Suma,

There can be several reasons for a user not being able to chane an issue status. But viewing a status should be possible for anyone with view permissions on the actual issue. So are you sure the user can not view the current status.

The ability to change a status is defined by:

• The transition issue permission in the project's permission scheme. Make sure the user has this permissions by being a member of a role/ group that has this permission.
  • The conditions in the workflow of the issue. Make sure there are no rules blocking this user from changing the status to another one

HI Charlie,

I see that the permission/role assigned to the user does not have permission of transition issues... Is it because of that ???

also i checked workflow, there is just a condition for resolve issues which is however not related to this topic..

Regards,

Suma

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2021

Yes he needs to have the necessary permissions. Update to include him, e.g. add him to one of the groups or roles that does have the permission.

Hi Jack,

I have added the user with Transition issue permission but he is not able to change the status... He should have the Move issues permission right??

Regards,
Suma

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

No, he need “transition” issues. “Move” is the ability to move an issue to another project or different workflow.

Hi Jack,

I have given the transition issue permission but strange is that he is not able to change status of the ticket ..

Regards,

Suma

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2021

there is just a condition for resolve issues which is however not related to this topic...

Is the user trying to resolve/ close the issue? In that case there is often a workflow condition specifying only users with the resolve issue permission can perform the transition. So in this case the user would need both permissions: resolve and transition

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events