single or multiple projects?

Shaikh Quader April 19, 2016

My department has 6 Agile teams with nearly 100 users working on different projects. There are 6 scrum masters, each per team. We have a requirement that the VP should be able to view all teams' activities from a single report. In this case, will this be better to keep all teams under one JIRA project and then create separate scrumboard for each team within the same project? or will it be better to create separate projects, one for each team?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2016

Keep the projects separate. You can always create JIRA Boards (kanban/agile) and/or reports showing multiple projects.

Shaikh Quader April 19, 2016

Thank you. Can you please tell me the pros and cons of single project vs multiple projects in my scenario?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2016

You can always take advantage of the per project features like Components, Versions, Separate permission schemes (which can be further refined in the Roles), Security, Notifications. That's what I can think for now. 

LakshmiS May 26, 2016

If projects are separate, how do I view the status of the first sprint (called Sprint 1 say) across all projects?

Like Dave Matthews likes this

Suggest an answer