showing an epic in another project

markstocker January 3, 2019

I have a large business project (projectA) containing many epics, 2 of these epics and the stories within them will be done entirely by the technology team who work in a different project (projectB). Is there a simple way to also make these Epics and Stories visible in ProjectB's backlog view for planning and work in sprints?

So far I have added a label at the Epic level to indicate that Technology will be doing the work. Then in the Technology project I amended the board query to also show issues outside of the project where that label exists but then I only get the Epic showing up and none of the stories in the Epic. Is there a query I can use that will also include all stories within the Epic? I know I could also go through each story and add the same label in but that's messy and things will get missed.

Any ideas appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Kimberly Kohler February 13, 2023

Try using childOf(epic) in your query

---

ETA: oops. I see this question is 4 years old. Leaving my comment for anyone who searches for this in the future.

0 votes
Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

I think it is not (yet?) possible in plain vanilla Jira :-(

Different add-ons can help. F.e. with ScriptRunner:

.... OR issueFunction in issuesInEpics("...your query...")
0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2019

Hello,

Have a look at the filter for the board (Board settings -> general ). This filter should select epics and stories from all projects, you need.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 3, 2019

If you use a next-gen project, then it is not possible

Like Tomás Curtelo likes this

Suggest an answer