sharing filters including selected Columns

Volker Jabs December 20, 2019

I have stored a filter and selcted several columns. I want to share this filter incl. all selected columns with the team.

I found no possibility. If i share the teammembers only see a basic set of columns.

What can i do.

If i create a dashboard i can not export to Excel. And it is a lot work to define dashboard an filter for all my projects and filters.

2 answers

1 vote
Luke December 20, 2019

As Jack has pointed out, there are multiple tabs for selecting columns.

You first need to save your filter; After having done so, you can configure the columns you want to be shown in the "filter" tab.

Now whenever you or someone else opens that filter, they should get the columns you have specified in the "filter" tab.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2019

I haven’t played with this in a long time but here is something to try. There are 2 (3 if you are an admin) column configurations: My Defaults, Filter, System. 

there is an article on this here - working-with-search-results 

I am wondering if you use the “Filter” config and save the filter if then the person you shared with selects the same do the columns stick?

if the admin sets the columns in System then that will stick.

Suggest an answer