set the default user setup to use the "Old View"

Jacob Gur-Arie November 17, 2019

Hi,

we are in the migration from server to cloud stage.

the users are already familiar with the old view and do not like the new one.

Is there a way to set all users  back to Old View as default ?

2 answers

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2019

@Jacob Gur-Arie 

As an aside to your question, just be aware that at some point Atlassian will probably remove the option of the old view, so some exposure to the new view is a good thing. Nobody seems to know exactly how much longer the old view will be around, but Atlassian have had both views available for more than a year already.

Jacob Gur-Arie November 18, 2019

Hi,

I am aware that the future is in the Lab.

I am just looking to make the migration seamless as possible and introduce the changes as we go.

So the final word each user will have to make the change by himself

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2019

Each user can disable by turning off Jira Labs under Settings. Click on your avatar in bottom left sidebar.

Jacob Gur-Arie November 17, 2019

Thanks jack for the answer
this is obvious.  I am looking for bulk action, as administrator, before exposing the new system to the users.

Like Pieter Kuppens likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2019

there is not a bulk operation. Warren's note is important as well. One thing to note, likely obvious as well, is that Cloud is very dynamic where the UI is concerned. Some changes are great but some will cause a level of frustration for the users. Particularly those that are adverse to change.

Suggest an answer