set assignee on when reopened

I save the user who Resolved the issue in a secondary field and then if someone Reopens the issue I want the Assignee to be that user who Resolved the issue. I need this to be on the screen when they click on Reopen so a Post Function does not help.

I am trying to do it in the Behaviors Plugin server side script panel using the following code:

public void setReopenAssignee() {
FormField resolvedByField = getFieldById("customfield_10101")
FormField assigneeField = getFieldById("assignee")

assigneeField.setFormValue(resolvedByField)

}

Sorry for it not being in the syntax macro but that isn't working for me at the moment.

Anyway, I have it tied to the Assignee field and then have the Condition of Reopen action but it doesn't seem to fire.

So is this even possible?

Thanks,

Jon

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

hi J,

no scripting needed to achieve this.

install "misc workflow extensions"

add a postfunction to the transition "Reopen" and choose "Assign to last role member - Assigns the issue to the last user from the specified role that had this issue assigned before."

the only requirement here would be that only assigned useres can hit "Resolve"

try this

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks but as I stated above a Post Function method isn't what I'm looking for. I already know I can do it from that. I don't want to Force assign it but rather set it to the Resolver and show that as the Default value on the screen. The user can still change it if need be.

Thanks,

Jon

Oh you're right. Sorry for my posting in that case

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

78 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you