select multiple issues

I've had some client feed back. I want to select around 20 issues that have no unifing factor in Jira and bulk change them to have a different fix version.

But ther is no shift-click select. There are no check boxes. the only way to choose is "all" or "items on this page" That is complete nonsense. How am I supposed to manage hundreds of tickets when I can't just click to select the ones I need and change them?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

You've not tested this very far.

When you select "bulk edit" on a filter, it lists all the issues in the filter with check boxes to refine the list.

This happens a step AFTER you have said "all" or "all on this page". The all/all-on-page is just a quick way to get started.

#facepalm# Didn't even occur to me. I was assuming it would behave like the Plan Board does where you select a number of items and move them all at once. Thanks for the heads up.

:-) The boxes were immensely small in the version I first used as well, and I still don't think they're blindingly obvious in the latest version.

Thanks for that -- the Tools menu is buried enough as-is, and then really makes it look like you need to come up with a filter that selects all the issues you want. Works nicely once you know though. ;)

I agree that it's not very intuitive to have to do a bulk operation every time you want to select more than 1 issue.

So where does it move from "not bulk" to "bulk"? How would you implement "select x issues" differently from bulk edit? As you need to do all the same work anyway?

In many other pieces of software, you can select a list of things without having to go through a 4-5 step process to make changes on them. It's frustrating because most other pieces of software allow users to select lists that way. Oh well!

Jira lets you do that. Try clicking bulk-edit from the list, you'll be offered the option to select some of them.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

181 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you