search issues that were not closed and moved to another sprint

Yanal Rahim September 2, 2019

I want to search for issues that were not completed and moved to another sprint. I know I can open reports of past sprints where I can see issues that were completed and those that weren't, but I don't want to go through each project and look at reports.

Is there a way to do this using jql in the issues tab search.

thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2019

Hi Anas,

Unfortunately, there's no native JQL function to get issues that were not completed in a sprint and later added to a new one.

Assuming you were only interested in issues that belonged to a sprint at the very same moment of the sprint closure, and not in issues removed from a sprint after it had already started, then issues belonging to more than one sprint should kindo-of meet the requirement you are looking for.

The following workaround might help by saving some time:

1. Go to the issue navigator and execute this query: Sprint is not EMPTY
  2. Set the Issue Key and the Sprint fields as the only columns to be shown.
  3. Export the results to CSV (current fields only) setting the semicolon character (;) as a separator.
  4. Open the resulting CSV file with Excel and filter data to hide rows with no value in the second occurrence of a column with the Sprint header. At this point, only issues belonging to at least two sprints ahould be shown.
  5. Create a comma-separated list of issue keys resulting from step 4 and paste it in this JQL: issuekey in (<your  comma-separated list of issue keys>)

Should step 1's filter return the maximum number of issues set (typically 1000 issues) you might need to add anything else to said filter in order to get a different set of issues.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much Ignacio, the steps above did exactly what I was looking for!

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Glad to help! :)

Regards

Mwema Kerich December 7, 2022

Thanks @Ignacio Pulgar this was very helpful

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this
1 vote
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2019

Hello Anas,

the default JQL functions don't have such options but there are a few apps that can help you:

Please note that there are currently a few restrictions in ScriptRunners JQL functions with regard to sprints.

1 vote
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2019

Thanks a lot.

But this isn't exactly what I was looking for, as this returns issues that were moved between projects. I'm looking for issues that were not completed by sprint end, regardless of sprint.

Suggest an answer