save custom data to hsql

Hi

how can i save my custom data to jira hsql db? does jira automatically backup my custom data like other data in db (such as issues) in the xml files?

thanks

1 answer

0 votes

First, there's no point in coding for HSQL - you would never use your code on a production system because you would never use HSQL in production.

Second, forget the database, you should not use it directly. Use the internals of Jira to handle the database and you can stop worrying about backup and all the other stuff that goes into the database. You can also forget about what type of database it is

Finally, for storing your own data in Atlassian application databases, use Active Objects. Start at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Active+Objects

thanks Nic

my jira version is 3.7 so i guess i can not use active objects,is it right?

i find 2 approach to store mydata to database

1-using SAL

2-using ofbiz

for SAL again ,it seams that it is not supported by my jira version

if ofbiz is the solution, how can i use it to store my data ?

is there any other way for my purpose?

I think you're right, for Jira 3.7, you'll need to use ofbiz.

I'm afraid I don't know where to start with that. Personally, I'd upgrade as you're out of support and active objects make it soo much easier, the first time I needed to store anything outside the config of a plugin, I upgraded instead of try to learn ofbiz.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,117 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot