rule can not be removed

David Diephuis May 18, 2022

an 'unknown error occurs trying to remove, edit, or delete the rule.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Not an answer, but could you clarify what you mean by "rule" - is it an Automation rule?  If it is, can you tell us where you are getting it - on any action on all rules or only certain rules?  Project or global rules, or both?

Alexander Zeh May 18, 2022

yes, i mean automation rules. I can create them, but after they are created, it's not possible to further configure or delete them. I only work with project rules. I don't know if it also happens with global rules, and I won't try since i don't know if i can delte them afterwards.

now i could identifiy the problem: I cannot delete or edit rules, for which I Set the config "who can edit this rule?" on "private (only me)". When I create a new rule and set this config to "all administrators", I can delete or edit it.

Nevertheless, the problem is still there for the rules which are "private".

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Ok, so what error are you getting when you click "delete"?

Chris McLaughlin May 18, 2022

I'm having this exact same issue as well. I just found this thread trying to research the problem.

1. Automation Project Rule created.
  2. "Who can edit this rule?" set to Private.
  3. Cannot edit, delete, disable rule.

In the lower left corner of the screen, a red message shows up that says "error when trying to delete rule, please try again" or similar (i get the message in german)

0 votes

same Problem here, all automation rules cannot be changed or deleted anymore, due to "unknown error". I hope this is going to be fixed soon, since it makes it impossible to further work with jira...

David Diephuis May 30, 2022

Unknown error just occurs. and then the automation rule appears again. Also tried to deactivate but that does not work either.

Alexander Zeh May 30, 2022

since i didn't get an answer here, i had to solve it like this: the main Jira administrator in our company was able to change or delete the rules, so he changed the setting "who can edit this rule" from "private" to "all administrators". After this, you can change or delete the rule by yourself.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events