resizing images in the comment section "New Jira"

Christopher Barreto May 7, 2019

After the new Jira update ( Smileys on comments being one of them) Images are uploaded full size into the comment section of a ticket. In the previous Jira format - Images were set to a small size when uploaded within comments, then if you double clicked you were able to enlarge the image. 

Is there a way to set images within comments to the original smaller size? 

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

Hi Christopher,

The issue that you are facing was reported as a bug. Currently, there is no workaround but using the old view.
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71900
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the bug.

Regards,
Angélica

SergejLogish August 22, 2019

Any ETA for this feature to be released in "New Jira"? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2019

Hi Sergej,

We don't publish ETA or roadmaps for bugs and features.
Once they start working to fix it, they will change the status or add a comment, that's why it's important to watch the bug.
Feel free to add a comment on the bug ticket for our dev team to check.

Regards,
Angélica

David Caldarelli October 9, 2019

This is brutal.  It has been months.  Breaks our workflow.  You must be doing this to push users to more expensive Jira server or something.  Why make everything WYSIWYG and remove text mode which would let us quickly add the thumbnail modifier or something?

Dennis Sawin October 14, 2019

+1 Really annoying to everybody – will have to force everyone on the team to use the old view because the comment sections all have become unreadable and every single alert email is a pain now.

Giuseppe Furcolo October 18, 2019

Let's please fix this. width, height, allignement...

Like christopher.dickinson likes this
Daria Morgun November 14, 2019

We are using the next-gen Jira project and there is no workaround for this one since we can't use the old view for next-gen projects.

Alis-Hathway Ward (DO NOT USE) December 19, 2019

We're also having this issue. At least allow us to toggle the markup view on/off via the WYSIWYG. Then we could just resize it manually while you guys work on figuring out how to add a re-sizer to the fancy version.

Like # people like this
Mykyta Nagaiko February 27, 2020

Come on, guys! It's so inconvenient and everyone just being silent about it. Almost a year has passed. Fix this for the new view, please please please!

Like # people like this
Mark Carniello July 26, 2020

I can't believe this is still not fixed, major pain almost every day.

Deleted user July 27, 2020

I heard they're "adding" the ability to do any comment and/or image styling/scaling whatsoever as a Premium feature, cuz that, apparently, is just where Atlassian is at these days (joke/not joke).

6 votes
Deleted user April 24, 2020

Yeah, +1 this is super irritating. And seriously, it's not like the whole shebang has to be invented from scratch. The option is there in the Server edition. I know it's a completely different code base, but come on people.

1 vote
Alis-Hathway Ward (DO NOT USE) December 19, 2019

A workaround I just found is to query the project for this issue in the advanced query screen and edit from this view, which for my screen because I disabled the 'new view' is the 'old view'.

That allowed me to open the next-gen ticket in the 'old view' format, comment in the old view format, and edit the sizes back to thumbnail!. Editing won't work if your permissions don't allow you to edit your own comments or edit issues, though.

Restoring them to thumbnail ! requires you to remove everything after the pipe | and just input thumbnail!

!screenshot|thumbnail!

Cameron Elliott December 19, 2019

Very helpful!

Tyler Griffin February 5, 2020

This fix worked for me, but I don't have to be in the advanced query screen to edit.  Just had to disable "new view" from the advanced query screen first.
Atlassian, I think a "thumbnail" button in the new-view edit panel would be an adequate fix.  Please fix this.
Thanks.

0 votes
Stefano Gironi January 21, 2022

2022 and the problem is still alive :o

Suggest an answer