${request.sharedwith}

Chris Adams January 31, 2017

In the Service Desk Customer Automation Template there is a line: <p class="jsd-request-sharedwith">     This is shared with ${request.sharedwith}. </p>  and the result in emails sent show "This is shared with Alpha, Brett Kennedy, Rey Jakku, and Finn 2187. "

What is the request.sharedwith and where can I go in settings to determine the contents?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2017

It refers to the request participants. Ie: you can share a request via customer portal.

image2017-2-2 16:11:54.png

1 vote
Chris Adams February 1, 2017

Thank you @Gerry Tan. I understand how I can share a request via the customer portal but the names shown when viewing the template are unfamiliar to me. At present there are only a handful of service desk tickets as we are trialling right now and none of the tickets are shared other than the creator or assigned persons and certainly not to anyone named Alpha, Brett Kennedy, Rey Jakku, or Finn 2187.

I am curious where these names have come from. 

Rene C_ _Atlassian Cloud Support_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

I know this is an old question, but the names shown are just an example meant to showcase how the template will look when it has names in it, the names Alpha, Brett Kennedy, Rey Jakku, and Finn 2187 are hardcoded and are not real users.

0 votes
Embla Bouma April 1, 2020

I'm currently editing the customer notifications and I'm facing the same problem. The names still apear in the email notifications. My customers will not accept that in the emails they receive names of non existing persons are mentioned as persons that will receive the information.
Why is this hardcoded and why hasn't anyone remove the names in the past 2 years? 
Hope somebody can help me, please.

Embla Bouma April 1, 2020

Sorry, I was too quick. I found it. 

Mike Bryant April 7, 2020

Can you share how you resolved this?

Embla Bouma April 8, 2020

Sure Mike. Under Projectsettings -> Notifications you can edit the customer e-mail Notifications.  I was immediately focussed on the different notifications and overlooked that above the Notifications section the template can be edited. Is it called Edit template ? (I have the Dutch version).

There they are: Alpha, Brett Kennedy, Rey Jakku, or Finn 2187.  Easily removed. 

Like Mike Bryant likes this

Suggest an answer