reply to customer missing

Richard Bell October 2, 2019

On Jira Service Desk Cloud, today myself (admin) and my agents are unable to 'Reply To Customer' as the option is missing.

I have not changed any settings, and am unaware of any updates to Jira Service Desk.

Is there a setting that could have been defaulted, or is this a bug

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 09.39.48.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

Hi @Richard Bell,

I can't reproduce the issue, see below:

comment.PNG

Can you check if you still have the Service Desk Agent permission in the project you're working on? You need to be an agent to be allowed to reply to customers.

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Thanks Manon,

I've checked the settings and I think it shows we should still have access to that?Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 11.04.27.pngScreenshot 2019-10-02 at 11.04.50.pngScreenshot 2019-10-02 at 11.05.06.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

Indeed, you should be able to add a public comment. Can you double-check using the Permission helper? You need to be a global Jira admin to access it: https://<your-site-name-here>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/PermissionHelperAdmin.jspa

permission-helper.PNG

Do you have any other Service Desk project on your Jira to check if it's broken everywhere?

We've noticed that we can reply to customer in the Old View, so I do not think it's permissions. Hopefully it's a small bug with the 'New View' that gets solved quickly

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2019

I'm using the new view as well and it's working, so that's odd! I can't find any open related bug on JAC, I guess you should raise a support ticket: support.atlassian.com 

Richard Bell October 3, 2019

The function came back today. I assume a quirk with the new view. Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2019

Glad it all went back to normal!

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2023

Hi @Richard Bell - I know this is an old post. The same issue is being experienced by some of our agents (but not all). Was there anything you did to fix the issue?

Suggest an answer