#renderChangeHistoryDetails() in History tab instead of correct date and time of an event

nick.rozhdestvensky July 2, 2018

We have JIRA 7.10.1.

And we have strange text in History activity tab.

2018-07-02 15-53-48(1).jpgIf I remember right there were date and time of an issue's event. I.e. some important information.

Is this the global problem with JIRA or my instance only?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikhail Pyrochkin July 18, 2018

Hello, here is my solution.

Download atlassian-jira-software-7.5.4.zip, upack it. Shut down JIRA, back up and remove existing files from yours installation: Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\jira\issuetabpanels\changehistory.vm and 

Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\jira\issuetabpanels\changehistory_macros.vm 

Then copy this file atlassian-jira-software-7.5.4.zip\atlassian-jira-software-7.5.4-standalone\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\jira\issuetabpanels\changehistory.vm.

Start JIRA instance and here we go:

image.png

nick.rozhdestvensky July 19, 2018

Great! It works! Spasibo)

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Hello guys , i have the same issue! I upgrade it from 7.3.5 -> 7.13.0

In my case:

• in my test environment i don't have this problem. i mean everything in this tab is ok!
  • But in my production one it's "broken".
  • I have the same plugins installed & enabled.

What could be going wrong here ?
Is it even safe, just to delete this 2 files and just copy the old ones (7.3.5) ? I mean its 10 minor versions ahead ! Theoretically it should be ok,because in the upgrade process there is no issue with it! But who knows?

Regards 

CM

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

Hmm.. Seems like some module did not load. Is it the same on a different browsers? Can you check if you have all plugins (and modules) enabled. Did you recently did some changes?

I tried 3 different browsers on 2 different computers.

Also I disabled all installed plugins.

And restart the instance.

No effect. :(

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2018

OK. When did this happen? Did you recently did some changes? Any JavaScript customization? Can you check if you have all system plugins (and modules) enabled?

It happend after updating JIRA to 7.10.0. No any changes and customization. I removed some addition language packs (for example, chineese, portugal, etc). We need russian and english only.

I have only 2 system plugins disabled:

1. Asana Importers Plugin for JIM
  2. HipChat for JIRA

Instance health checks ok.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2018

Is this a problem only for you or other users also see that problem? Is this visible for all tickets in the instance? Could you check if from Issue Navigator when you open an issue in details view you also have the same problem?

nick.rozhdestvensky July 3, 2018

other users also see that problem

visible for all tickets

also have the same problem from Issue Navigator in details view

HomeAway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2018

We just upgrade to 7.10.1 and users are seeing this same issue.

Igor Shergin July 19, 2018

Got it too after upgrade from 7.5.0 to 7.10.2, solved similar way.

It's not necessary to restart all Jira. Just remove changehistory_macros.vm, copy old version of changehistory.vm and disable/enable system plugin "Issue Tab Panels Plugin". That's enough.

Like Gilbert Martins likes this

Suggest an answer