Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

recovery_admin user do not have access to JIRA Administration

I have followed instruction on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html to recover system admin password.

I am able to login with the recovery_admin user but not access to JIRA admintration tab to make changes.

JIRAadmin.PNG

Can someone please help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

This looks like you are the first admin to try to log into an empty system.  It won't offer you the admin functions until you've created at least one project (use the middle option on that screen for a throwaway project you can delete later)

Thank Nic for you reply. This is a system which has already projects running for some years now. 

An usual user login look like

JIRAadmin2.PNG

So what happens after you get it to create a throwaway project?  Does it take you into the application in full, so you get the admin option at the top right?

Thanks again Nic. I did stop jira manually, edit setevn.sh

changed  <JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Datlassian.recovery.password=Password>

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Datlassian.recovery.password=JiraMy1234"

Started jira manually again and  recovery_admin user had access to the adminstration tab and I was able to reset the password.

I am not sure if this made the difference .

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you