It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

re opened tickets are still displayed in the closed queue in customer portal queue

reopened tickets are still displayed in the closed queue in customer portal queue, though the resolution status is changed to un resolved 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Jai, you confuse me a bit with the "resolution status" thing so to clarify.

The status  is one thing and usually is open, in progress, done among others and this one doesn't have impact on what the customer see on the customer portal. You change this one by transitioning the ticket

The resolution is another field which has other options, usually fixed, won't fix, duplicated among others. You set the value of this one as a select list. When there is a value on this field, the customer will see it as closed. The "unresolved" value applies when there is no value at all on this field. I've seen in several instances that one of the valid resolution values is unresolveas well which causes problems because technically it's a value on the field, therefore customers will see it as closed.

Please review that it's not the case. Feel free to send some print screens of what you see

Hi @Hernan Halabi -Elite IT Consulting Group- 

Thanks a lot for helping me out. The issue is exactly what you have mentioned. I have set a value for the resolution status as unresolved when a ticket is reopened which caused the issue. I have added a post function to clear the resolution status when a ticket is reopened which solved the problem. Thanks again for the quick and prompt help. 

Regards, 

Jai Vijay. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

365 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you