re opened tickets are still displayed in the closed queue in customer portal queue

Jai Vijay October 25, 2019

reopened tickets are still displayed in the closed queue in customer portal queue, though the resolution status is changed to un resolved 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2019

Hello Jai, you confuse me a bit with the "resolution status" thing so to clarify.

The status  is one thing and usually is open, in progress, done among others and this one doesn't have impact on what the customer see on the customer portal. You change this one by transitioning the ticket

The resolution is another field which has other options, usually fixed, won't fix, duplicated among others. You set the value of this one as a select list. When there is a value on this field, the customer will see it as closed. The "unresolved" value applies when there is no value at all on this field. I've seen in several instances that one of the valid resolution values is unresolveas well which causes problems because technically it's a value on the field, therefore customers will see it as closed.

Please review that it's not the case. Feel free to send some print screens of what you see

Jai Vijay October 28, 2019

Hi @Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group 

Thanks a lot for helping me out. The issue is exactly what you have mentioned. I have set a value for the resolution status as unresolved when a ticket is reopened which caused the issue. I have added a post function to clear the resolution status when a ticket is reopened which solved the problem. Thanks again for the quick and prompt help. 

Regards, 

Jai Vijay. 

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

Great,glad to help 

Suggest an answer