rank and priority sorting

Hi,

The backlog is ordered by default by rank and we have the rank functionnality to have the drag n drop functionnality.

But is it possible to sort by rank ASC and by priority DESC and have the drag n drop functionnality ?

because when we add the priority sorting we don't have anymore the drag n drop.

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
3 votes

Ordering by Rank ASC is a requirement for the drag&drop to work; no workarounds for that.

The best you can do is reordering them manually, possibly by taking advantage of multiple selection capability > mouse right click > send to top/bottom.

Matthew Jevne I'm New Here Tuesday

Technically not solved.  No solution isn't a solution :)

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Champion Tuesday

There's a reason the flag is called "accepted".

Also, there is no "solution" - if you want to rank a list, you have to use a rank.

Not really user friendly as the whole concept of the backlog is implementation according to priority. Is the status still the same? 

Yes, it has not changed, and it won't change either.  The concept of a backlog implementation is that you put your issues in order, which you can't do with priority, you have to do it with a rank.

Thanks, can you help a bit on to use ranking? Is it just the manual order that you put your self in the dashboard backlog, when I add the field it look more like a code than a usable thing for user. 

Yes, it's the order you put things in on the backlog.  The field it is in is not really human readable, don't bother putting it on screens.

Thank you so much

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

23 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you