It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"done" Issues are moved to next sprint when closing the sprint Edited

We have this strange behavior with issues when closing a sprint.

Our "done" status is in green color in the workflow.

When we are closing the sprint , we have a notification that X issues are done and Y issues will be moved to the next sprint.

And yet, after we close the sprint, many (if not all) of the "done" issues are moved automatically to the new sprint.

Here is an example of such issue that was marked as "done" and yet was moved to the next sprint. time is descending:

Capture.PNG

3 answers

0 votes

Hello,

If an issue is not in the most right column of your board, then the issue is considered as not complete.

And if in my view there is no column to "done" issues? 

You should add such a column. And it must be the most right column

So Jira is actually ignoring the status of "done" and only checks the column they are in?  

Jira Software does not look at statuses, it looks at the most right column. You should associate the Done status with the most right column

OK. But isn't it possible for every Jira user to create its own board with different settings and columns? So how Jira knows to which board it needs to have a reference?

Yes, but sprints also get generated by boards, so even when people have different board settings, the sprint data is still based on the right-hand column for their board.

This can let you set up things like:

• Workflow: To do -> In dev -> dev done/ready to test -> in test -> tested
  • Developer board:  To do -> In dev -> dev done (done)
  • Tester board:  Ready to test -> in test -> tested (done)

One team's "done" is another team's "to do" in there.

(BTW, it does not matter what the right-hand column is called, just as long as it contains all the status you want to consider "done" on the board)

0 votes

Hi @Itay Keller,

Could you take a picture of your Kanban Columns configuration, similar to the following

cl.jpg

Here you go:

Capture2.PNG

As mentioned by Alexey, when the sprint is completed, the issue in the most right column is considered to be the completed task, and the other columns will be moved back to the Backlog.

Hi @Ollie Guan_携程 - I have a similar issue where issues are getting moved into the next sprint even though they're in a done status. The kicker is that they're in the far right column of the board. Any thoughts?

FYI we number our sprints with odd numbers. Don't ask why.

columns.JPGstatus.JPG

Are there any sub-tasks on this issue?  If there are, what status are they in?

I figured it out. Go into your "Board" and click on the done task. Change the status to "To Do" then move it back to "Done". A green check mark will then appear and finally that task will be considered completed and not move into the new Sprint. It is the equivalent of turn it off and turn it back on.... A very odd bug that Jira Next-Gen employees should really fix.

Thanks for this! 

I just had to move 26 issues manually between Done - To Do - Done for the green check mark to appear. 
Very frustrating that this is happening. Unsure how, but I'm going to monitor the Done tickets over our next sprint to figure out why not all tickets have a green check mark. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you