"The board must be ordered by Rank in order to add a sprint"

When I complete the sprint and it has some issue in backlog, I can t create a new sprint because the button is disable and when I click at the issue shows the error:

"The board must be ordered by Rank in order to add a sprint"

At the dashboard, shows the message: "The selected filter filter-10001 has an error: Not able to sort using field 'gh.rank.global.name'.."

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Use for example

ORDER BY Rank ASC

You'll need to modify the sprint filter you are trying to create and order it by rank similar to the example Qasim has mentioned before me.

So try

Configuring the board

View in Issue Navigator

Modify the JQL so that you are not ordering by anything other than rank

Hope this helps

Could it be, that you somehow deleted the custom field "rank"provided by greenhopper/agile?

As of JIRA 7.2, who translated custom field Rank as their own language will not be able to use this button either.

I'm reverting back to Rank 

Just curious, why does create sprint requires ranking?

Because a sprint is created by taking "the x top ranked issues"   (The number is determined by the size of the issues selected and how much you estimate you can get done in the sprint)

Hi Nic, A sprint bucket can contain as many issues as i want it to contain and I can bring them from backlog in any order . I am not sure what does it mean by "Because a sprint is created by taking "the x top ranked issues"

Generally, the approach to sprint planning is that you let your product owners rank the things you want to pull in, preferably with input from users and developers. 

That process should give you a ranked list of issues.

The team then selects the issues to go into the sprint.  In an ideal world you can simply take the ones off the top of the backlog, choosing the top X that fit within what your velocity says you can accommodate (this is why you can simply drag the sprint line down over the top-ranked issues until it is close yo what your velocity tells you can do)

Yes, you can, and do, "pull in what you want", but the overall scrum process is about getting the ranking from your people, so they inform what you choose to pull in.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

534 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you