"Status Category Changed" Field

Shirley Wu April 4, 2019

Hello,

I've noticed that a "Status Category Changed" field is in the schema for Task, Change, and Test issues when I run some tests. However, I cannot find the field in View Field Configuration. I am wondering if "Status Category Changed" is a new system field on Jira Cloud. 

"label": "Status Category Changed",

"type": "Date",

"readOnly": true,

"fieldConstraints": {

"dateTimeMinValue": "1947-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000",

"dateTimeMaxValue": "2036-12-30T23:59:00.000+0000"

}

Thanks in advance

Shirley

4 answers

2 votes
Nour Durra Nagarro January 7, 2020

Hi,

i want to exclude tickets that moved to a (Done) status category within the last 2 weeks, would that work?

theoretically this is what I need (statusCategory changed FROM "In Progress" TO Done AND statusCategoryChangedDate > -2w) 

but I keep getting the error (History searches do not support the 'statusCategory' field.)

can someone help?

Titov Alexandr January 17, 2021

Hi!
You can try
statusCategory = Done AND statusCategoryChangedDate > -2w

Because the first part of your request
statusCategory changed FROM "In Progress" TO Done
means that now
statusCategory = Done

and you can clarify its history by adding
statusCategoryChangedDate > -2w

0 votes
Nicki D September 30, 2022

I just discovered this field! I had been in another chat, trying to figure out how to get the # of days a task had been put into a status, but this column wasn't coming when I would extract the data into our snowflake database. I was surprised to see that I could only see statuses - To Do, In Progress and Done.  These are Status Categories.  I had created a custom status column for In Validation in Jira (seen in active sprint) and it falls into In Progress Status Category. I haven't seen this Status Category Changed column in my Snowflake DB (and neither did the people who were commenting with me apparently in other chat). In any case, is there a place to find out the definition of this column Status Category Changed?  From what I am seeing - it is EXACTLY what I need! It is showing the date the last status was changed.  It is NOT just for the status category, but also picking up the date the status changed to a custom status.

0 votes
Ryan Perry June 18, 2019

Hi, is this query still open as it doesnt seem to have been addressed. I am looking for a field / way to obtain the date the status for a issue was changed, is this the correct field?. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Hello Ryan,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

To get the data when an issue was changed, you can use a custom date field and configure a post function in each of your workflow statuses to update the field with the current date. These would be the steps:

- Create a custom date field 

- Navigate to your project > project settings > Workflow > Edit

- Add the custom field to the transition screens of your workflow

- Add the post function Update custom issue field, configuring it to update the date field with the %CURRENTDATE%

- Save your workflow draft

Let me know if this information helps.

Ryan Perry June 25, 2019

Hi Petterson, 

Thanks for your response, so if configured in this way this would only be populated post the update and not for historical status changes I assume?

Thanks

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2019

Hello Ryan,

Performing the steps mentioned, the field date will be updated every time the issue is transitioned.

To access the previous values of the field (History), you can use the history tab of the issue.

Another way would be to use a single field to collect each status change time if you would need to perform any filter queries with these values.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2019

Hello Shirley,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Can you provide us a screenshot of where you can see this field? Additionally, have you checked if this field is not displayed under the custom field section?

What add-ons do you have installed in your JIRA Cloud instance?

I confess that I'm not aware of any new system fields with this name on JIRA Cloud, however, It should be worth to confirm with our devs as soon as we have more information about this, as soon as we confirm it is not related to a third-party add-on.

Shirley Wu April 8, 2019

Hello Patterson,

Thanks for your timely reply. 

The "Status Category Changed" field shows up when I use GET rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectKeys=KEY&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields to retrieve all the fields for a project. 

We are currently using ZAPI and Zephyr add-ons for JIRA Cloud. 

Thanks,

Shirley

Nimish Nalan April 8, 2019

Hi,

@Petter GonçalvesI am facing the same issue. This is a new system field added in On-Demand version of Jira. So, the information for this field is not available in the custom fields.

Can you please provide more information regarding this field. Like what is the use of this field and why is it not shown on the screen.

Thanks and regards,

Nimish Nalan

Nimish Nalan April 9, 2019

@Shirley WuThrough which request are you getting this information:

"label": "Status Category Changed",

"type": "Date",

"readOnly": true,

"fieldConstraints": {

"dateTimeMinValue": "1947-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000",

"dateTimeMaxValue": "2036-12-30T23:59:00.000+0000"

}

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2019

Hello @Shirley Wu,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the related field when I run the same REST API in my personal Cloud instance, however, it does not necessarily mean that this field is not related to JIRA.

@Nimish Nalan could you please confirm if you are using the same plugins that Shirley does? Additionally, where did you saw the mentioned field for the first time?

I will keep investigating it to know if it is not related to JIRA. 

Nimish Nalan April 9, 2019

No we do not have Zephyr or ZAPI installed. This seems to be a system field and not custom field. So, if there was a field added through plugin, it will be added as a custom field right?

Suggest an answer