It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Status Category Changed" Field

Hello,

I've noticed that a "Status Category Changed" field is in the schema for Task, Change, and Test issues when I run some tests. However, I cannot find the field in View Field Configuration. I am wondering if "Status Category Changed" is a new system field on Jira Cloud. 

"label": "Status Category Changed",

"type": "Date",

"readOnly": true,

"fieldConstraints": {

"dateTimeMinValue": "1947-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000",

"dateTimeMaxValue": "2036-12-30T23:59:00.000+0000"

}

Thanks in advance

Shirley

2 answers

0 votes

Hello Shirley,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

Can you provide us a screenshot of where you can see this field? Additionally, have you checked if this field is not displayed under the custom field section?

What add-ons do you have installed in your JIRA Cloud instance?

I confess that I'm not aware of any new system fields with this name on JIRA Cloud, however, It should be worth to confirm with our devs as soon as we have more information about this, as soon as we confirm it is not related to a third-party add-on.

Hello Patterson,

Thanks for your timely reply. 

The "Status Category Changed" field shows up when I use GET rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?projectKeys=KEY&expand=projects.issuetypes.fields to retrieve all the fields for a project. 

We are currently using ZAPI and Zephyr add-ons for JIRA Cloud. 

Thanks,

Shirley

Hi,

@Petterson GoncalvesI am facing the same issue. This is a new system field added in On-Demand version of Jira. So, the information for this field is not available in the custom fields.

Can you please provide more information regarding this field. Like what is the use of this field and why is it not shown on the screen.

Thanks and regards,

Nimish Nalan

@Shirley WuThrough which request are you getting this information:

"label": "Status Category Changed",

"type": "Date",

"readOnly": true,

"fieldConstraints": {

"dateTimeMinValue": "1947-01-01T08:00:00.000+0000",

"dateTimeMaxValue": "2036-12-30T23:59:00.000+0000"

}

Hello @Shirley Wu,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the related field when I run the same REST API in my personal Cloud instance, however, it does not necessarily mean that this field is not related to JIRA.

@Nimish Nalan could you please confirm if you are using the same plugins that Shirley does? Additionally, where did you saw the mentioned field for the first time?

I will keep investigating it to know if it is not related to JIRA. 

No we do not have Zephyr or ZAPI installed. This seems to be a system field and not custom field. So, if there was a field added through plugin, it will be added as a custom field right?

0 votes

Hi, is this query still open as it doesnt seem to have been addressed. I am looking for a field / way to obtain the date the status for a issue was changed, is this the correct field?. 

Hello Ryan,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

To get the data when an issue was changed, you can use a custom date field and configure a post function in each of your workflow statuses to update the field with the current date. These would be the steps:

- Create a custom date field 

- Navigate to your project > project settings > Workflow > Edit

- Add the custom field to the transition screens of your workflow

- Add the post function Update custom issue field, configuring it to update the date field with the %CURRENTDATE%

- Save your workflow draft

Let me know if this information helps.

Hi Petterson, 

Thanks for your response, so if configured in this way this would only be populated post the update and not for historical status changes I assume?

Thanks

Hello Ryan,

Performing the steps mentioned, the field date will be updated every time the issue is transitioned.

To access the previous values of the field (History), you can use the history tab of the issue.

Another way would be to use a single field to collect each status change time if you would need to perform any filter queries with these values.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Calling all Jira Cloud users! Give us feedback on our exploration of a new navigation.

Hi everyone! My name’s Matt and I’m a product manager at Atlassian. I work in the navigation & findability space for all our Jira Cloud products. We’ve been working on trying to improve the exp...

899 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you