"Resolution" field is required while creating issue, how to make it optional ?

M. P. December 8, 2014

Hallo all,

"Resolution" field is required for all issue types when I'm try to create issue. I have checked  "Create Issue" transition and there is no condition, validation or post function set up for the field. And I don't know how to make it optional. Can anybody help ? I know that there is a possibility to set resolution cleared, but we are just creating an issue and not reopening it. 

Thanks in advance.

This issue prevent us for going live with new JIRA version. If somebody knows how to fix it, it would help us a lot.

Kind Regads

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Hey there,

have you checked your field configuration?
If it isn't set in the workflow, view the field config - it must be set required there.
"." -> type "screens" and then search for the screen which you use on the create screen for your issues.
There you can set them on optional.

Hope this can help you

Greets
Simon 

M. P. December 8, 2014

Thanks for answer! Btw. "Resolution field can't be set up as "Required" or "Optional" through Field Configuration as it is done by Affects Version/s. But I removed it from screen configuration and it doesn't appear while I'm creating issue, but it do appear while I'm closing issue, which is required. Thanks again

Like Alexandra Pavlyshina likes this

Suggest an answer