"Default Cloud Mail Server" is missing from POP / IMAP and can't configure comment email replies

Alisha Taubner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 16, 2020

We recently created a new Jira site by restoring a backup from a different site. Afterwards, we realised we could no longer add a comment to an issue via email reply. Upon investigation, we found our System > Incoming Mail settings had changed.

Our previous site POP / IMAP settings looked like this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 12.45.25 pm.png

After the backup restore to the new site, the POP / IMAP settings now look like this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 12.45.16 pm.png 

I want to restore the "Default Cloud Mail Server" so I can use our jira@<your_instance>.atlassian.net to receive reply emails; however, there doesn't appear to be any straightforward way to configure this.

The only suggestion I can find to restore the "Default Cloud Mail Server" is the one on this ticket (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69083) indicating that I should manually re-add the mail server by using:

Host Name: Mailstore
Username: jira@<your_instance>.atlassian.net
Password: Any

Following those instructions, I was able to successfully create a new mail server called "Default Cloud Mail Server".

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 12.55.19 pm.png

I then configured a Mail Handler following the instructions in this ticket (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html).

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 12.59.06 pm.pngIf I test this configuration by replying to a ticket email notification (with jira@<your_instance>.atlassian.net in the to/cc/bcc field), I receive an automatic bounce response from bounce@atlassian.net and no comment is added to the ticket.

1 answer

0 votes
Deborah Heller March 3, 2022

Hi Alisha,

I seem to have this issue as well. Did you have any success in getting your configuration updated?

deb

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events