"Ctrl + P" is not working on Edge browser.

Surendra Mishra April 27, 2022

We have recently upgrade Jira Server from 8.13.13 to 8.20.7 on this weekend. Our Jira user is facing an below issue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't print the page of PPOPLM project issue with Edge.
Open the page and try to "Ctrl + P" on that but nothing happens.

This works in other project in JIRA and other web page.
For me, this function doesn't work in PPOPLM project only.

I feel this is caused by last weekend update. Please look into this and fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need your help on this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Surendra Mishra ,

Could you verify your findings with other users?

Could you also check with other browsers as well as private/incognito mode in Edge?

Ctrl+P is working fine with Chrome browser for all user in all mode(Normal /Incognito).

Ctrl+P is not working in normal / private mode under Edge browser for the above user.

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2022

Given the answers, I would suggest the issues is local and not company wide, meaning the upgrade went fine and it is not an Atlassian/Jira issue instead user or computer profile and should be addressed by your local IT team

I still have the older version(8.13.13) Jira running in one of my test server. I check the above functinality there and I found no issue there. Ctrl + P is working fine in both Edge / Chrome browser.

Sam Bartolome
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

The point is that if it is not working for only one user and one browser or even a bunch of users but the rest of the company can use it as expected. It is not a Jira issue instead to the local machine of the user. 

You can also ask the user to login to another machine and try to see how it behaves

Suggest an answer