"Could not load FunctionProvider class" error on ticket status change

Anastasia Anisimova August 11, 2015

Hi all,

We've upgraded from JIRA 6.2.4 to JIRA 6.4.9 overnight and faced a problem with couple of issue transitions (within the Progress state: from In Development to Testing and vice versa), getting the following error: "Could not load FunctionProvider class". We have not uninstalled any plugins (at least what we are aware of), only updated the JIRA Agile to the v6.7.7. 

I checked the workflow these transitions belong to and everything seems fine and other transitions in this WF works fine.

However I noticed the R&D Default workflow is inaccessible from system event Associated Workflows column that is related to these transitions (Generic Event) - shows a 404. I believe that broken association might be a reason of the failure, but I cannot try and restore the links since the System events are read-only. 

Do you have any advise on how I can fix that or maybe where else to search for the rootcause?

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Anastasia Anisimova August 11, 2015

Never mind! We've found the rootcause. We've disabled hipchat WF plugin (we haven't used it for years) during the installation since that caused some errors and somehow it impacted some other WFs. Enabling the pluging back resolved the problem. Somehow disabling of hipchat addons broke all the transitions with leftover hipchat notification postactions. Even though the integration itself haven't been set up. 

Anyway clearing those postactions helped and we've disabled unnesessary plugins successfully 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

Thank you @Anastasia Anisi! Just encountered this myself and came across this post which saved me a few hours of banging my head against the wall trying to figure out where it was coming from.

-Jimmy

0 votes
Kevin Christmann February 16, 2017

I had the exact same problem, with the exact same resolution as Anastasia. I disabled HipChat last night, discovered the issue this morning. I re-enabled HipChat and it is resolved.

0 votes
Ramaiah Pendli May 20, 2016

ru using scriptrunner plugin

Suggest an answer