"Assigned to me" widget does not show time in "Due Date" ?

Antonio Valle _G2_ March 18, 2019

Hello!

We are using Jira SW server 7.13 . We use due date for some specific issues with format "Date Time". For example, my issue OTA-487 has due date 20/Mar/19 3:00 PM

In my personal dashboard I use the widget "Assigned to me", and I recently added the field Due Date. The result is "Assigned to me" showing a column with Due Dates for my assigned issues, but time is always 12:00 AM. In this specific case, OTA-487 has due date information as 20/Mar/19 12:00 AM

Is this a bug? (the widget is only using date and not time) or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks friends!

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2019

Hi Antonio,

The System Due Date field is a Date picker field type and should not be able to include the time, so it sounds like you have a custom field in use that is a date/time field type, as discussed in this post:

I would say check first to verify the correct field is being used in the gadget, and that there is not a second custom field with the same name causing confusion.

Then look at the time settings under Admin >> System >> General configurations, and from this page select Advanced Configurations to check the date and time paramaters, what settings do you have in place?

And if they are not the default values if you select revert to change the settings to default does the behavior get corrected?

Regards,
Earl

Antonio Valle _G2_ March 21, 2019

Hello Earl, 

thanks for your quick answer. After reviewing my system, I can confirm that we are using the original due date field. It is declared as timestamp in the database and it allows me to enter date-time.

We are using Jira SW Server 7.13.0

I've attached a few screenshots of Edit Issue and View Issue where we can see clearly the TIME part of the field

Edit Issue.pngView Issue.png

Suggest an answer