"Assign to me" link and permission

Hi,

When I create an issue I would like only the PM to assign the issue to a developper.
When the PM changes the status of "Send to developper" (workflow) and assigns a developper, the developper is allowed to assign it to other developper.

So I configured the field "Assignable User" and "Assign Issues" in the permission scheme of my project --> OK
I created a behavior for the field "Assignee": Read only for step "Open" except PM --> OK

It seems to work fine but I still have the "Assign to me" link.
Indeed, when I create an issue, (and I am not the PM) this issue is automatically assign to PM (OK) and no one
can change the assign to another developper except PM (OK). But I can click on "Assign to me" link. I do not want that

How can I change the status of the "Assign to me" link to "read only" or "hide" as long as the PM has not assigned to a developper ?
It seems I do not have access to this link with behavior

If I'm not clear, do not hesitate to tell me !!

Thanks for your help

Eric

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

"Assign to me" link is not a workflow action. Instead, it is an issue operation that is available to everyone who has both "Assign Issues" and "Assignable User" permissions. It is a feature in JIRA to allow someone to quickly take ownership of an issue.

If you cannot ignore it, you can disable it by disablling the system plugin module (assign-to-me module in the Issue Operations plugin). But, it will be system wide and will make it unavailable to everyone. I wouldn't recommend it unless it is a major blocker in enabling your process.

Thanks Jobin for your reply.

I cannot disable it because I have many projects in my JIRA instance.

So for you, it is not possible to manage this link depending on permissions.

Ok, I will see with the PM if he can ignore that ...

Thanks again !!

Gaston Valente Community Champion Jul 18, 2017

Hi i think Jobim is right, what about the creation of an specific permission scheme for the project you need to modify?

Sorry Gaston, I'm not sure I understand your question (I'm French and not really fluent English and even with the translation of google, it's not clear ... and I use JIRA for 3 month :)). Could you explain it in another way?

In my permission scheme,  only PM and developpers are allowed for In my permission scheme, I allow only PM and developper for "Assign Issues" and "Assignable User" fields

And  in Add-ons > Behaviours, I create a new behaviour and I configured the Assignee field with this options:

Read only when create an issue except for the PM

2017-07-18_164332.jpg

About my problem, I thought that by going through Add-ons> Behaviours, I could have a solution. Maybe with a groovy script in "Initialiser Function", I can do something !!

thanks

You have do it with Behaviors or can have a javascript hack that removes the link. But yeah, you can't do with permissions alone.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

158 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you