"Add XRAY issue type", not available in Action settings.

cshinde
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2019

Hello,

I am using free 1 month trial of XRAY. But while doing that I am not getting the issue type tab in XRAY neither any settings available. Below are the supporting images for the settings.

1) In "Create Issue"  General/Test Details/Preconditions/Test Plans / Link Issues tabs are missing

2) Also the setting for  --> Project settings --> "Add Xray Issue Type"  options is not available. 

Attached are the supporting photos.

I would be very thankful if you could help me out to enable the " l/Test Details/Preconditions/Test Plans / Link Issues tabs" which are missing.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chaitrali

3 answers

1 vote
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

Hi @cshinde and @Divya Jain 

Please do the configuration suggested by @igor alfirevic (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Miscellaneous#Miscellaneous-UserGroupsallowedtoaddXrayIssueTypes) found in the Jira Administration / Manage Apps / Xray settings / Miscellaneous.

It is necessary to have permissions to be allowed to add the Xray issue types to the project.

Once the Xray issue types are added to the project, it will be possible to have the Xray Test features (Test Details / Preconditions /...).

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
igor alfirevic November 15, 2021

Same problem. 

igor alfirevic November 15, 2021

Jira administrator has to assign user group under User Group allowed to add Xray Issue Types. 

screenshot.1636982782.png

Like xeniamonica.fronda likes this
0 votes
Divya Jain March 23, 2020

Hi @cshinde 

Did you get the resolution for this, I am facing the same issue.

Suggest an answer