"Access Requests" in Atlassian Cloud?

Reiss Snooks October 18, 2018

Does anybody know how this works? I can't find how users can request access to products via this feature. There is nothing I can see within the supporting documentation and, unlike other functions, doesn't have a "learn more" url.

We're about to go live for over 500 users and whilst I don't want to manually add everyone to groups I also don't want give everyone access by default when they sign in for the first time and take up licenses they don't need.

Capture.PNG

1 answer

2 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2018

Hi Reiss,

Currently, this feature only works for Confluence.
For example, you have a Confluence page and it has a link to an Issue on Jira Software and the user can't see the issue.
The user will see a message, for example, "You don't have access to Jira Software" and a link "Request access to Jira Software".
If they click on the link, you will receive an email informing that the user request access and you can approve or deny.
The user will receive an email informing your decision.
If you approve, the user will be able to see the ticket and also will count as a license.
If you deny they will also receive an email informing that you denied their access.

This feature was rolled out for some customers and we don't have a public documentation for that yet.
If you have any other question related to this feature, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Matt Butalla December 6, 2018

How can admins scope down who gets alerted? We have a few different groups of admins in our site, some handle user access but others do not.

Like Reiss Snooks likes this
Reiss Snooks December 7, 2018

Same problem here. It's getting rather spammy.

Like Cris Martinez likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hi @Matt Butalla,

Only site-admins can manage users on Site Administration. 
Those admins that have only the group "Administrators" they can access administration tools on Jira Settings > System, but they can't access Site administration.

Regards,
Angélica

Like Sekhar Chandra likes this

Suggest an answer