project automation (choose fields to set)

HS November 15, 2020

Hi Community,

I am trying to setup project automation to auto fill the fields below with the following information however all the fields are available apart from "Root Cause Categorization" I see that a message displayed "not all fields are currently supported, please use the advanced section if your field does not appear in the list"

any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 10.25.52.png

2 answers

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2020
HS November 16, 2020

Hi Alexander,

So I have setup project automation to create a daily ticket which drops into the queue every morning user then starts progress and carries out service request after which the ticket is resolved out.

closing out the ticket all the below needs to be filled out which is unnecessary churn so upon the user selecting resolve ticket action I would like the rule to update the customs fields to provide a one click way to resolve out the ticket.

the problem is that "root cause categorization" cannot be none none it has to be audit none in order for the ticket to be resolved out however this field is not available so looking for a work around solution.

hopefully this makes some sense appreciate your response to the op

your link above I have not seen this before is this like a wizard can this be used for all the fields I want to populate? a guide would be fabulous.

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 10.25.52.png

H

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2020

Hi @HS ,

Resolution field is a select list with a single choice, not cascading (there is only one level), so there's no problem with it.

It seems to me we still don't understand each other about the functionality.

During some transition you have the possibility to show the user some screen with fields he can fill in. Filled in values are then stored to the issue.

If the values are still the same and you don't want your users to modify them using screen, fields values can be set using post function after the transition. But this functionality is not available for all the fields.

So if you need to set various custom fields values to the issues after the issue transition, you can create automation rule for this.

What seems to me you expect your screen for transition is prefilled with the values from the automation rule, but this is not possible. 

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2020

Hi @HS ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Would you please provide us more information, how this automation should work? What exactly are you trying to do? When do you want to fill the fields (after some transition)? It seems to me, that the screenshot is from some sort of resolution screen, so instead of do it manually, you want to use automation rule to update the fields? Which types do your custom fields have? Which one of the custom fields you are not able to select in the automation rule? Which values do you need to setup (where do you get them - would the values be the same for every execution or it depends on the situation and other fields in issue)?

Is it possible to share the screenshots from the automation rule?

Thank you for the clarrification.

HS November 16, 2020

Hi Hana,

So we I have setup project automation to create a daily ticket which drops into the queue every morning user then starts progress and carries out service request after which the ticket is resolved out.

closing out the ticket all the below needs to be filled out which is unnecessary churn so upon the user selecting resolve ticket action I would like the rule to update the customs fields to provide a one click way to resolve out the ticket.

the problem is that "root cause categorization" cannot be none none it has to be audit none in order for the ticket to be resolved out however this field is not available so looking for a work around solution.

hopefully this makes some sense appreciate your response to the op

H

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 10.25.52.png

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2020

Hi @HS ,

thank you, I didn't understand you before correctly.

As @Alexander Pappert mentioned, the Root Cause Categorization has "Select List (cascading)" type and needs to be handled differently.

You need to add json to Addition fields under More options, something like this:

{
"update": {
"Root Cause Categorization": [{
"set": {
"value": "Audit",
"child": {
"value": "Something"
}
}
}]
}
}
HS November 16, 2020

Hi Hana,

Thank you for your response this is very much appreciated the strange thing is that Resolution is available even though that too is cascading field and even though I select incident resolved this too just reverts back to drop down selection please see attached.

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 21.30.37.pngScreenshot 2020-11-16 at 21.29.54.png

Suggest an answer