project = HSV AND updated >= resolved

mike.bruderer@tg.ch April 15, 2023

Why that Operation doesn't work?

project = HSV AND updated >= resolved

I want to get a List where the Timestamp of updated is newer than the Timestamp of resolved. The case is, that sometimes a resolved Task get's an update, based on Jira is receiving a Mail with the Ticketnumber in the subject. 

I get de Message: 
Datumswert 'resolved' für Feld 'updated' ist ungültig. Gültige Formate umfassen: 'jjjj/MM/tt HH:mm', 'jjjj-MM-tt HH:mm', 'jjjj/MM/tt', 'jjjj-MM-tt' oder ein Zeitraumformat wie '-5t', '4w 2t'.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2023

Hi mike.bruderer@tg.ch -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira's JQL is not a SQL, and unfortunately cannot compare different issue fields in a query.

Some possible work-arounds may be guided by how frequently you need to perform such queries and willingness to purchase addons from the marketplace:

• need this infrequently
    • export the issues to a spreadsheet and perform the query in the other tool
  • need this often, and do not want to purchase addons
    • investigate any free marketplace options which might help with such queries, or
    • pull/push the issues into another tool for queries, or
    • use an automation rule to detect/mark when this situation occurs (i.e., update after resolved) and then use JQL to report on that
  • need this often, and willing to purchase addons
    • investigate the marketplace for JQL and/or reporting addons to support this type of query

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer