pricing jira and confluence

George June 25, 2021

I have 30 users which need to access Jira and Confluence and among the 30 users, I need 5 agents which need access to JSM as well. I came to the conclusion that I need to buy:

1. Jira Cloud premium plan. 30 licences with $14 per user/month each.

2. Confluence Cloud premium plan. 30 licenses with $10 per user/month each.

3. JSM cloud premium. 5 agents with $40 per agent/month each

4. Atlassian Access, I need to buy 30 license with $3 per user/month each.

I'm a bit confused because I read somewhere that 30 or 40 users fall under the 50 user tier for Jira Software and Confluence and I have to pay for 50 users instead of 30. Is that "tier" thing only relevant if paying annually? No matter I have 30 or 40 users, I'll have to pay for 50 users?

Can anymore please help me get this pricing right. thx

2 answers

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2022

Hi @George,

As an alternative for Jira SM (far less expensive and without sites, users, and agents limit) you can start a free trial of the Customer Case for Jira app. It is also a portal for your external clients where they can submit their issues or ideas. It can be public (visible for everybody), private (restricted for specific email addresses or domains), or you can choose the option to make it a support service (private communication with support assistant).

Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 4, 2022

You can also save money if you grant browse and comment permissions to Jira Software users and choose a free plan for JSM project (3 agents only).

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

If you subscribe to the monthly subscription you will only pay for the amount of users that have access to the tools. If you go with an annual subscription you pay based on a different tiers, so in your case that would be 50 users for Jira, Confluence, and Access, and 5 for JSM. You can find more information about Cloud licensing here, https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/cloud

George June 25, 2021

Hi Mikael,

Now I understand. Many thanks for the swift help.

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer