pragma: No-cache

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Jul 29, 2013

Hi,

is there a reason, why all css an js files from JIRA (standalone 5.1.8) are delivered with pragma: No-cache http header? And, could this be configured? I think if the configured cache of one year could be used this could speed up page loading...

I searched the source and all rows setting pragma headers are setting "no-cache" with a lowercase n. Where does this "No-cache" with an uppercase N come from?

Thanks

Henning

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Henning Tietgens Community Champion Jul 30, 2013

This applies to JIRA installations using SSL over Tomcat. Tomcat defaults to submit the pragma:No-cache header for all files if SSL is used. I think this is for security reasons, so that no pages could be modified within the cache?

With adding this line to the conf/context.xml file within the <context> tag, this could be disabled.

&lt;Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator"
        securePagesWithPragma="false"
    /&gt;

Documentation can be found here http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Basic_Authenticator_Valve

After this modification, css and js files are cached.

This widget could not be displayed.
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jul 30, 2013

One reason I know why this is used is to not cache the filter exports (i.e. excel and word).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

184 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you