post function notification based on issue status history

laurence bascle July 7, 2013

Now,

that sounds like a long shot but let's give it a go.

I am only loosely enforcing timetracking, as i feel it creates a bit of an overhead/negative atmosphere for the team. we estimate tasks when we create them, and then log time when we close them. tasks time is compounded into story time.

however because having tasks that are closed relatively quickly is important to make stories move along the lifecycle, i wondered whether the following would be possible:

create a post function which checks the time when a task's status changes to particular value ('in dev'), add 24h, and trigger a notification or some kind of event to flag that the status is unchanged (still 'in dev').i wondered whether Greenhopper might be able to do something with flags, but it looks very basic, so i would have to rely more on JIRA

i have downloaded a workflow plugin but i believe my user case might be marginal as i don't see anything that is history/notification based

any idea to help support task completion?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
laurence bascle September 4, 2013

thanks for the pointers. the query is slightly different as 'before' and 'after' don't use 1D but stuff like today(), now()

that's what i used and it works

status changed BEFORE startOfDay() TO "In Progress" AND status not in (Closed) AND status not in (Open) and issuetype="Technical task"

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

May be you can create a filter like this and subscribe to it?

status changed to XYZ before -1d and status not changed after -1d

This will get you list of issues where status was changed to "X" before 24 hours but wasn't updated after that. You can alter the query as you need.

laurence bascle August 26, 2013

sounds good, but what would the JQL be for 'status changed before/after'? a straight <= doesn't work

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2013

'before' and 'after' are keywords that will work, unless you are on a much older version of JIRA.

0 votes
laurence bascle August 26, 2013

i had forgotten i had already posted this, can someone help? thanks!

Suggest an answer