outlook integration

gagan m s June 12, 2017

Hello Everyone,

can i sync outlook and JIRA?

so that when i change password of outlook ,the jira password automatically changes to outlook password?

thanks

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

Hi Gagan,

Outlook does not use JIRA for authentication so the two won't link up in that manner as it would if you had an external directory added to JIRA.  If you're using Active Directory and JIRA you may want to take a look at the Microsoft article titled Syncronizing your directory with Office 365 is easy to see if a solution such as the one proposed there works for you.

Cheers,

Branden

gagan m s June 12, 2017

thank you :)

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

No Problem.  Bruno Vincent also posted a link to a connector for JIRA that interfaces with CROWD that can be used for this purpose as well!

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2017

Hi Gagan

If you mean Office 365 and Jira server, there's actually a plugin for this: Office 365 Directory Connector for Crowd (ODCC)

Please note that you will need Crowd in between Jira and Office 365.

(Disclaimer: I work for the vendor of this plugin)

Regards,

Bruno

Suggest an answer