not able to change issue transition via API

Andrey Osadchenko February 5, 2019

doing:

curl -D- -u USER:PASS -X POST --data '{"transition": {"id": "41"}}' -H "Content-Type: application/json" https://DOMAIN.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ISSUE-123/transitions?expand=transitions.fields

returns 400: "{"errorMessages":["Can't move (ISSUE-123). You might not have permission, or the issue is missing required information. If you keep having this problem, contact your Jira Administrator."],"errors":{}}"

included this user in every group there is. added permissions for every action in a permission scheme that serves this project. ??

PUT to the same issue works just fine:

curl -D- -u USER:PASS -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X PUT -d '{"name":"user"}' https://DOMAIN.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ISSUE-123/assignee

4 answers

0 votes
sanjaykumar.shaswani July 20, 2020

is this issue resolved?? I am facing the same problem.

0 votes
Deleted user October 19, 2019

HI Andrey, 

Please could you let me know if this issue is resolved. I am facing the same problem.

Best regards,

Abhiram

0 votes

if I transition manually from interface with this same user, it works just fine

Lava Kumar Dukanam {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Can you verify the request that is sent to the server using the network tab on your browser developer tools?

could you or someone provide a curl example as to how would one retrieve all mandatory fields for a transition?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Sure,

Can you try the GET with query param expand=projects.issuetypes.fields ?

https://DOMAIN.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ISSUE-123/transitions?expand=projects.issuetypes.fields

This should get all the fields information.

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Can you try

<domain>/rest/api/2/issue/createmeta?expand=projects.issuetypes.fields

in the browser and paste that information?

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Hi @Andrey Osadchenko,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like the you're missing the required fields. May be you can check it on the UI and verify the required fields and then add them to your data option here in the curl and then try posting it. May be something like a comment is required!?

Thanks,

Lava

"May be something like a comment is required!?" . how do I figure that out?

Suggest an answer