noreply@am.atlassian.com

Howard Pearson September 6, 2019

Is noreply@am.atlassian.com a legitimate Atlassian e-mail address and if so what types of communication is it used for? 

6 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2020

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm, yes the noreply@am.atlassian.com address is a valid Atlassian email address.  As others have already noted this address is primarily used by services such as Atlassian Access (previously known as Identity) in regards to

• user account creation,
  • invitations,
  • user verification,
  • when other users join your Cloud site,
  • API token creation,
  • and/or password resets.

This address can also be used by other Atlassian Cloud services, such as in Confluence in regards to watcher notifications.

I hope this helps to clarify the usage here.

Andy

3 votes
Dale Fernandes November 5, 2020

I received an email from e.atlassian.com recently, and i wasn't sure on it's authenticity, is there anywhere I can validate it as being genuinely from Atlassian without clicking on the links in the email?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2020

Without seeing the content of your email, I'm hesitant to confirm it's authenticity.  However I can confirm that e.atlassian.com and t.atlassian.com are used to send emails.  From some internal research on the topic it appears that this is specifically something that marketing teams have designated for use.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

Dear @Andy Heinzer ,

Yesterday we received an email from info@e.atlassian.com which seems "reliable":

Subject: Security advisory for critical vulnerability in Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center

Body:

Hello,
We are writing to inform you of a critical security vulnerability that exists in Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center.
We recommend that you upgrade to a fixed version as soon as possible to ensure that you are not affected. If you are unable to upgrade Confluence immediately, then apply the temporary workaround as mentioned in the advisory. Please see the full advisory to learn more and access the fixed versions.

Kind Regards,
The Atlassian team

It contains also a blue button 'See full advisory' but I cannot read the url it targets, because of obfuscation made automatically by my Outlook software.

So, is it a trustable email?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2021

@Nicolas Casel Yes that email is from Atlassian. There was a security advisory for Confluence Server/Data Center that was issued just yesterday.  You can read more about it over in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-security-advisory-2021-08-25-1077906215.html

Like Nicolas Casel likes this
Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2021

Thanks for your feedback!

1 vote
Arbab Khan September 28, 2023

Some time we get email from the following email. It is legitimate?

noreply+b76e48badc7c62f88c12e3baa9f96e69c09fffaf935704c4d42bdd52@am.atlassian.com

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2023

This information is insufficient for us to determine.  It's likely that mail that actually comes from that am.atlassian.com address did come from an Atlassian service, but it is possible that someone has created a site to send spam with our services. 

What would help us to investigate this would be to know the exact email address this message was sent to OR the Atlassian Mail Transaction ID that could be found in the email headers OR if we could see other details of the message that would indicate to us which Atlassian Cloud site sent the message.

If you question the legitimacy of any message from an Atlassian site, I recommend forwarding that message to our abuse@atlassian.com address.  We cannot reply to messages sent there, but these are reviewed by our abuse team to determine if a site is violating our acceptable use policy.

1 vote
Dawn Möller November 7, 2019

Had the exact same question: I figured out that despite the email not going to my personal email address (it was sent to a global address list in the company), what Atlassian wanted was a password reset for their website - so that for example I could answer in this forum... at least I think that's what they want. 

Gotta say, the email was incredibly vague, and confusing for those who work for organisations that use LDAP authentication methods... I could not understand initially why Atlassian would want me to change my 'password' :/ Since I don't frequent their website on a regular basis, it was a totally weird way to communicate a reset.

In any case, to be certain, I did NOT select the reset password button in their email.

0 votes
Gutt Marc March 12, 2024

I received today the following mail:

2024-03-12 14_36_05-Posteingang - Marc.Gutt@dohle.com - Outlook.png

The strange part:

- the mail address mentioned after "Hi" is an old address of mine which is NOT registered at atlassian (it was in the past, but was changed 1 or 2 years ago)

- I never received such mails in the past as I'm not responsible for invoices in my company

- the spf check was successful as the sending mailserver "sparkpostmail.com" is allowed by atlassian:

```

Received-SPF: pass (am.atlassian.com: Sender is authorized to use 'no_reply@am.atlassian.com' in 'mfrom' identity (mechanism 'include:atlassian.mail.e.sparkpost.com' matched)) receiver=<censored>; identity=mailfrom; envelope-from="no_reply@am.atlassian.com"; helo=mta-174-81-96.atlassian.com.sparkpostmail.com; client-ip=192.174.81.96
Received: from mta-174-81-96.atlassian.com.sparkpostmail.com (mta-174-81-96.atlassian.com.sparkpostmail.com [192.174.81.96])
```
So if this is not a spam / not a phishing mail, why is my old address still known in the atlassian world?!
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
March 12, 2024

Hi @Gutt Marc,

The email address you received this message at, and posted here to community is still the billing contact for an Atlassian Cloud site.  That is why you are receiving this invoice message.

If you'd like to change this, please go to https://my.atlassian.com when logged into this account.  You will see that your account is listed as the billing contact for that site.  You would need to add a new billing contact if you want to remove this account from that site entirely.  Also you would need to make this new account the primary billing contact.

From there you can then login as this other account, and from there you can remove the old account from the billing contacts of that site.

0 votes
Arthur SALMON September 6, 2019

This email is used by atlassian website. 

I got an email from them when I did forget my password and asked for reset password.

I don't know if it's use somewhere else.

Jan Neger October 12, 2022

Dear 

I received a strange email from adres no_reply@am.atlassian.com

Can you confirm this is a valid email adres ?

Regards

Jan

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 12, 2022

I mean, it's a valid address from which Atlassian sends mail. But it's a no_reply, so it's not expected that you would be able to send to that address.

And that is not to say that someone might have spoofed the sender, or that someone is abusing one of our Cloud services that sends email.

Care to share what the email you received was?  I would be interested to learn more here, @Jan Neger 

Atlassian.JPG

Andy we received this email from no_reply@am.atlassian.comAtlassian.JPG

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2022

Hi @Jan Neger  yes that is a real email from our services.  I can see it was sent to Gemma, who is the billing contact for that site.  We don't have billing details for that account (ie there are no credit card details on file).  This lack of payment details could result in the site being deactivated or suspended due to lack of payment. Gemma's account can update these payment details either on https://my.atlassian.com or on https://admin.atlassian.com

You're account probably cannot do this as you are neither a billing contact, nor are you a site-admin.  This is something that Gemma would have to complete.

Jan Neger October 18, 2022

@Andy Heinzer Andy Thanks - we use the free product . We understand (taken from the website NL) that is free of charge ? (Free - Jira Software | Atlassian
Is that not the case ?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2022

It appears that you went over the free limit of 10 users.  When that happens, Jira automatically will upgrade your site to the next level as part of an evaluation of the standard support offering.  Looking at it now, you appear to have since reduced the number of licensed users below 11 again.  In which case, your site also appears to have switched back down to the free plan.

Но реплик.  Какая там сумма была укажите мне? Заголовок но реплик какая там была сумма денег указана где-то я потеряла укажите мне эту сумму что там прислали мне на русском языке пожалуйста мне всё сообщайте я не понимаю английский поэтому Я путаюсь Мне надо русский язык всё сообщайте на русском или с переводом

Suggest an answer