need to capture email headers

kris October 9, 2012

We have been requested to configure a PR Jira project that will take in emails from outside the company and create tickets for the PR team to work/respond to. Obviously we needed to create a default user to be the reporter rather than creating tons of new users. The PR team has asked to have the email header included in the description so they can see who it actually came from & any CC. How can this be done?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

Yes, JEMH supports a 'comment prefix' which currently has a detailed view that would include all CC: addressees. you also have access to the actual message object, and therefore any other headers you want as well. Its also worth pointing out that JEMH can store all those non-JIRA user email addresses in a Custom Field, and through its integreated EventListener and customizable TemplateSets, you can provide customised feedback to those non-JIRA users in response to events you choose (eg comment) rather than having to mail out specific notifications one at a time.

kris October 10, 2012

Thanks! I'll look into this one, but since it's commercial it could take awhile to implement. Hopeing to see more suggestions as well.

kris October 10, 2012

Thanks for the details Andy. That looks good, but getting them to pay for yet another plugin... It's too bad I'm not further along in my own plugin development training to do it myself. But there's no way I could get it figured out in a couple days.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2012

just to follow up on this, email headers (like TO/CC) can now be automatically injected through Comment Headers, see the tutorial. The example below shows some headers, of course, you can extend the velocity template to add more if needed:

JEMH Comment Header

0 votes
Hangsu Ma
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2015

EMH also display headers, you can config which head/s to display per email handler.

And the heads will be added on separate lines at the start of issue description.

Suggest an answer