mysql string size limit

mehran haghani August 17, 2013

Hi

when i want to restore a xml backup-file in jira that use mysql ,i get an error about string size limitiotin for some custom fields , what's the problam and what does can i do ?

i can use this backup file when i using hsql , but i cant restore it when i using mysql

thanks a lot

1 answer

0 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2013

Hi Mehran,

Can you include the error message here so we can have a look?

Its possible you'll have to extend the column length on the database table for the restore to complete successfully.

pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

That does look like the column length needs to be extended.

Stringvalue in that table is restricted to 255 characters, so bumping that up to 512 will hopefullly suffice :)

mehran haghani August 19, 2013

thanks Pelle,

how can i change it ? in wich table?

is there any way to convert all stringvalue to nvarchar or bumping all of them to 512 ?

pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2013

The error looks like the table is 'customfieldvalue' and the column 'stringvalue' needs extending. For MySQL I believe the syntax would be something like:

ALTER TABLE customfieldvalue MODIFY stringvalue VARCHAR(512);

Suggest an answer