multiple language packs installed

Mary Wilson July 31, 2018

So, each time I do a JIRA update, multiple language packs are installed.  I uninstall them and then when I do the next update, they'll all back.  How do I resolved that?

JIRA Server 7.10.2

ScreenShot487.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Francesc_Arbó
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

You may disable these language packs instead of uninstalling them.

Deleted user September 17, 2018

So, I disabled the language packs, and this past weekend performed an update. Now my "Lasted Update report" reflects:

User add-ons disabled: 14
Some of your user add-ons have failed to start. They may not be compatible with this version of Jira. 

We don't need the Chinese, Slovakian, Romanian, etc language packs, so why is JIRA complaining about them?

Like Jose Galiana likes this
M Hoogenboom September 20, 2018

This is indeed very annoying. I have the same issue. It would be good to be able to permanently delete these.

Also it would be good to be able to update the plugins after an update through a rest api call. Although I can get a list of the installed plugins via the rest api, I still have not found out how to update them via curl and rest api.

Like Jose Galiana likes this
Leirbag Assuab October 9, 2019

I know it has been a long time since this post, but maybe this still can help someone. It's about enabling and disabling plugins via the rest api. I run this CURL sentence on Windows with Jira 7.9 installed and it works fine:

curl.exe -u <user>:<password> -D- -X PUT --data "{\"enabled\": <status>}" -H "Content-Type: application/vnd.atl.plugins.plugin+json" --insecure https://<your_jira_url> /rest/plugins/1.0/<app_key>-key

Where:

• <user>, <password> and <your_jira_url> are self-explained. Note that user must be a Jira system administrator.
  • <status> can be true or false (without quotes).
  • <app_key> is the plugin key. You can found it at "Manage apps" section, under the details of the plugin you want to change its status. The key must be suffixed with "-key".

I found this after installing "Atlassian REST API Browser" plugin on my test instance. I read about this add-on somewhere in the forums or KB, but I don't remembre exactly where. I'm sorry, I've not been able to retrieve the source to put it here.

Hope it helps you!

Suggest an answer