moving JIRA to a new server keeping the SQL DB

Patricia Bascom May 4, 2023

good morning, 

I was looking at "Migrating Jira to new server and keeping same database" but it mentions Oracle database.  We are connecting to MS SQL database and have local users on the system.  Would I need to make a new schema in the db before connecting the new JIRA/Confluence to the SQL database or can I stop the old version and just connect to the existing DB?  Will I keep all the users and permissions with the move?  if I do stop the original and connect with the new JIRA if something fails can I go back to the old JIRA?  I will be keeping the version the same on the new server.

Thank you in advance

Tricia B

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2023

Hi @Patricia Bascom 

As I understand you want to migrate your application server but database will be the same.

You can migrate application server and start application. Only thing that you need to remember is check network access to db from new server and check if jira db user has granted permissions to connect to db from new server.

Regards,

Seba

Patricia Bascom May 4, 2023

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events