move ticket status bulk

verdy verdyqualferz@gmail.com November 25, 2015

Hi ,

How can i bulk ticket to other status in 1 project ? i am use kanband board and have 6 colum... and i want to bulk move more than 1 ticket from Colomn "To Do" to other column status that i created ?

i am allready read this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/modifying-multiple-bulk-issues-185729606.html#ModifyingMultiple(Bulk)Issues-bulkmove, but i cant find "Bulk Operation" Feature.

hopelly can reply fast 

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2015

Bulk operation is definitely the right answer. 

First, write down what status is in the "done" column on the board, and then forget the board. 

Run a filter for the issues you want to update.  At the top right, there should be a menu with bulk-edit on it.  If you don't have that in the menu, then you do not have the global permission to "bulk edit", so check that. 

Once you've fixed your permissions and got the list, just follow the bulk-edit instructions, it guides you through it.  You need to transition the issues to the status you wrote down at the beginning.

Dennis Poort November 25, 2015

Also keep in mind that as far as I know, if you want to move to a state that requires interaction after transitioning (like entering a screen to give a description) you might not be able to bulk change issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2015

It offers up the transition screen.

Suggest an answer