migrating issues to another user

Mike Davison June 11, 2013

I am replacing a developer with another one and need to migrate the issues the old developer was working on to a new developer. Then I want to delete the old developer. Can this be done in Jira On Demand?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2013

Hi Mike,

Make sure you have removed from your project's workflow a property on the Closed step that does not allow editing closed issues. That might be why you cannot change your assignee and reporter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Marlon

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Hi, just in case check if you have the Bulk Change global permission.

Another thing, if I remember correctly you have to check if the fields are in the Edit Screen for that issue type.

And to take note, you can assign the issues to the new developer and then erase the old developer from the jira-users group. If he isn't on the group it won't be able to login and it won't count on Jira's User License.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

What you'll do first is change the assignee and reporter to yourself. Then you would disable the user account. And if you feel confortable, you can then delete the user.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2013

Or go straight to the new developer if you can - it's a bit quicker.

Mike Davison June 11, 2013

My problem is that I can't bulk edit the assignee or reporter. It says I either don't have permission or that one of the issues doesn't permit editing. I am the admin, so I should have permission and these are normal issues, shouldn't be any reason we can't reassign them.

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2013

If you are migrating old issues (ones that have already been closed), then do you have your workflow set up so that you can't edit a closed issue? If so, then that is probably why it is not allowing you to edit the assignee/reporter. Easiest solution in this case might be to remove the restriction from the workflow (its a jira-editable property). Do the migration. Put the restriction back on the workflow.

Suggest an answer