@mention notification email not sent on tickets I am watching

Daniel Louw October 19, 2018

I am PM on a couple of projects and we use JIRA quite extensively. The result is I get a large amount of emails every day as tickets are moved around and interacted with.

I can in no reasonable expectation monitor these emails and action them because it will take up my whole day.

What I do need to know is when I am mentioned in a ticket comment or description so that I can give my attention to the request.

I want to set up a filter in my mail that looks for emails that has "xxx has mentioned you" in the subject. However, it seems I do not get these emails for all tickets where I am mentioned.

For tickets that I am watching or created myself (which is almost all of them) I just get a generic "xxx has commented" email. For tickets I am not watching I am not getting the email in the format I need.

Is there any way for me to get this?

Any help would be appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2018

Hi Daniel,

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, I would like to make some questions:

- Is this happening on all projects?
- Do you have the same role and permissions on all projects?
- What is the difference between the ticket that you receive the mention notification and the one that you don't receive?
- Do you have permission to see the tickets where you are mentioned?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer