making it so multiple people can get email notifications on ticket creation

Jim Wigginton January 22, 2020

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-email-notifications-776636790.html seems to be suggesting that the only way someone is going to get an email notification whenever any ticket is created is if they are a Project Lead. But that's not how it worked at my old company. At my old company we had multiple people got these notifications.

Maybe the project in question had multiple Project Leads but if that's the case idk how to make it so that a project can have multiple leads.

Any ideas?

1 answer

3 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hello Jim,

Hope all is well with you. I think you can accomplish by doing the following. 

Add the recipient, group, role, or email address that needs to receive the notification in the Events Created section in the Notification Scheme. You will need Jira Admin permissions to do this. It may look slightly different if you are on the cloud version.

notifications.png

The second option would be to do it via an add on app like Automation for Jira or others. 

Jim Wigginton January 23, 2020

Here's what I'm seeing:

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 10.10.44 AM (1) (1).png

Here are the Groups that I'm in (from Project Settings -> People):

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 9.56.23 AM.png

The two roles that have been cut off are "Service Desk Customers" and "Service Desk Team"

Any ideas?

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Click Actions on the upper right hand side and then click Edit notifications. If you have access, it should let you edit the notification scheme. 

Hopefully this works.

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 26, 2020

were you able to figure it out?

Suggest an answer